Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Death of an Industry

According to the mainstream media, the Republicans are the bad guys. They're the ones who make the personal attacks against their opponents. With the exception of the black helicopter sites like World Net Daily and News Max which I discount almost as much as I discount the similar sites on the left, conservatives are much less likely to make personal attacks then the Left. I read the Weekly Standard and National Review and find more rational discussion of issues and positions than I do on equivalent sites on the left.

With the exception of his tax cuts and foreign policy I am not a fan of Bush's policies. To the best of my knowledge the Bush administration has made few comments about the Kerry/Edwards ticket and they certainly compare favorably to the diatribes flowing from the Kerry/Edwards campaign, the DNC and their lapdogs in the media.

I like to make my own decisions, based on reality rather than the meanderings of some journalist with less objectivity than the marketing manager of an Internet company. If I want opinions I'll read the editorial page, not the front page but the mainstream media insist on presenting opinion as journalism which only makes me even more determined to ignore their propaganda - yes, propaganda. I live in Los Angeles where the only local outlet that writes stories more than three paragraphs deep is the Left Angeles Times (often referred to as Pravda - West).

Perhaps the greatest embarassment of this election cycle is the mainstream media. They have become so overtly biased it is difficult to pay the slightest attention to their coverage of the news. Cable, the Internet and talk radio have replaced them as a source of news for so many I don't think they realize they have lost control or, if they have, they are frantic in their scramble to regain it.

Maureen Dowd and Robert Scheer are no longer considered pundits but merely political humorists and not very good ones at that. The great Gray Lady has become little more than a Leftist Chicken Little. It must be difficult to realize nobody is listening anymore.

But look on the bright side, newspapers are still useful for wrapping fish and shopping for cheap tires.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home